Day 1 focuses on areas of the exam that candidates typically find more challenging. Sessions are delivered in small groups with informal viva practice throughout the day.
Core topics covered are:
- Physiology, Pharmacology, Physics/Clinical measurement and Anatomy
- Interpretation of investigations e.g. radiology, ECGs, CPEX
- Summarising clinical cases
Day 2 is a full day of formal vivas, designed to reproduce the college viva exam conditions. The viva format reflects the recent changes to the RCoA Final FRCA SOE exam structure.
Each candidate will sit:
- 4 x Short cases and associated clinical science
- 4 x Clinical long case and standalone short cases